Desktop Zen Garden
Time to chill!
As young adults, you generally spend a bit more time sitting indoors at desks than participants in younger Sections especially currently. Unfortunately, this can have negative effects on one’s physical and mental wellbeing.
One way to bring a little peace and joy to your indoor work space is to build a desktop Zen garden. A small Zen garden is easy to make and can be a useful tool for relieving stress.
- When and where will you build your desktop Zen gardens?
- Who on the internet might share a knowledge of the background and creation of Zen gardens with you? Could you link with some Scouts in Japan?
- What tools and materials do you need?
- What is your budget for this project?
- Build your desktop Zen garden.
- Find a perfect home for your garden in your work space.
- When you need a break. Rake the sand, arrange the stones and breathe.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this project?
- How has the garden impacted your workspace and your work habits?
- What other ways can you bring a “Zen” quality to your work space or study space?