Home Safety Badge
Submitted by Cheddar Cubs
- I created a WhatsApp group and invited all members
- The activities were based on this home safety pack which is downloadable at the bottom of this page.
The National Grid Home Safety resource pack, in the form of a poster, provides eight activities for Cub Scouts to complete. It includes a wordsearch, spot-the-error picture and some valuable home safety advice. the Serco Rail resource pack provides activities for Cubs to complete and gives advice around personal safety
- Colouring pencils
- Felt tip pens
Ask the parents to either print out packs or download them so they can be worked on digitally.
There are 7 activities in this whole pack. We only used activity 1 this week. That was enough to fill an hour.
I posted a series of photo of the activities over the meeting and the youngsters posted pictures of what they were doing. There are a bunch of photos below of their handywork.
Fire safety in your house.
- Ask the cubs to take a picture of their plug sockets
- Discuss the need for tidy wires and for sockets to not be overloaded.
- We discussed different types of fires and asked them to visually show their understanding. Some did this on the computer, some drew it by hand and sent a photo.
- We talked about different fire dangers in the home.
Here are some of their pictures…
National Grid Home Safety Activity Pack: