Just because we cannot meet face to face, it doesn’t mean we cannot continue Scouting!
Did you know that you can run meetings using technology.
If you’re not sure, we have all information here:
The Somerset County team are collaborating with colleagues across the region – putting together weekly resources for you to use during this period, to help the amazing volunteers of the South West to continue to run section programmes remotely.
Please download, share and keep on Scouting!
Just select your section:
If you have a programme idea that can be adapted for this period, please do send let us know by sending us an email.
No one has to miss out on the Somerset County Virtual Camp!
- On Saturday 9th May 2020, thousands of us pitched a tent in the garden, put up a shelter or built a den in the lounge!
- There were 40 activities for all ages. Check out facebook.com/SomersetScouts/ to see photos and videos that members shared with us from across Somerset, the UK and beyond. We all had a wonderful weekend!
- The opening and closing ceremonies, plus our evening campfire are still available to view on our Facebook page.
- If you weren’t able to camp with us, you are welcome to join in now! All the activity zones remain open and the videos are still there for you to enjoy.
- We are very excited to announce that there will be a camp blanket badge available for all those who took part … details will be released soon
- We had to camp at home – but we did it together!
Thanks to everyone for your fabulous entries in our June Scoutcrow Event.
Visit the county Facebook page www.facebook.com/SomersetScouts/ to see a celebration, in photos, of the wonderful Scoutcrows all over Somerset. It is great that we can still participate together in so many different ways even though we are forced to ‘Scout apart’, in our own homes.
Many thanks to all those wonderful heroes across this county – our adult volunteers who are continuing to provide inspiring ‘distance’ and ‘virtual’ programme experiences, in increasingly innovative ways for the youth members of their sections.