England moved to Amber readiness level from 29 March. Following an announcement from the National Youth Agency (NYA), we’re pleased to say that face-to-face meetings in England, both Outdoor and Indoor can restart from Monday 12th April.
- Sections, Groups, Units are able to meet without restrictions on the numbers of young people (but subject to social distancing when indoors).
- Meetings should remain as only one Section meeting independently of others.
- Non-residential day trips and visits are permitted
- The number of adults present should be limited to those who are required to be present to support the activity.
- Scout Network programmed activities (non social): 15 people maximum.
- Adult activities (non-social) with no young people present such as leader meetings, training, adult appointment panel meetings: check local government guidance – currently not permitted indoors.
Please continue to follow all COVID-19 restrictions while meeting with your group. If you’ve had an Amber risk assessment approved by your District, this will still be valid – but we’d encourage you to review your risk assessment before meeting again.
If your Amber risk assessment hasn’t been approved yet, we’d recommend you complete one this month, detailing risks for both indoor and outdoor activities. Don’t forget that before meeting face-to-face, all adults will have to have their mandatory safety and safeguarding up to date.
You can view full guidance on the ‘Getting back together safely’ pages.