Meeting the Challenges is one of the Skills course aimed at providing Managers and Supporters with the tools they need in order to carry out their role effectively and support others in doing the same.It will allow learners to build upon knowledge gained from the Independent Learning and apply this to real life Scouting situations. It identifies places where further information and support can be found. The material in this course will strongly support the validation requirements for your Wood Badge.
Manager & Supporter Skills Courses are delivered across the South West Region and this Course is being hosted by Dorset Scouts at Butchers Coppice Scout Campsite (BH11 9JW). This is a one day course.
Somerset County will cover the Course Fee, which includes all meals and accomodation. Your travel costs should be covered by your Group, District or County as appropriate.
Booking is managed through Somerset Scouts but subject to availability with Dorset Scouts.
If you have any questions about this training, please contact your Training Adviser, your Local Training Manager or Alan Henderson at email@example.com
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify causes of conflict and define appropriate strategies to resolve it.
- Apply The Scout Association’s dispute, suspension and complaints procedures in an effective manner to real situations.
- Apply The Scout Association’s safeguarding procedures to real situations.
- Carry out challenging reviews.
- Prioritise the different challenges faced in their role.
- Identify steps to implement their personal action plan.
The following Independent Learning Units are recommended as pre-course learning, if they are relevant to your role:
- Getting the Word Out
- Safeguarding for Managers and Supporters
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Enabling Change
- Financial and Physical Resources
- Decision Making
Butchers Coppice Scout Campsite, Holloway Avenue, Bear Cross, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 9JW
Book your course online...
Hurry! There are only 5 places remaining!