Course Director is Alan Henderson firstname.lastname@example.org
A one day (6 hour) course which covers the full Scout Association First Response syllabus and includes practical assessment therefore covering all the requirements of Modules 10a and 10b. This is the minimum level required for all adult volunteers who, as a requirement of their appointment in Scouting are required to maintain “in date” at all times. Upon completion, your Compass training record will be updated and a certificate provided.
Following successful completion of the training, participants will also receive an externally recognised First Aid qualification
Topics covered will include:
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (recovery position and safe airway)
- CPR and rescue breaths, including technique for adults and children
- Causes and treatment of unresponsiveness
Trauma and injury
- Fractures and sprains
- Head injuries
- Dental incidents
- Heart Attack
- Sepsis and meningitis
- Hypothermia and Heat Stroke
- Somerset Scouts reserves the right to charge back the cost of the training (£45.00 per person) where booked participants do not attend without providing the Course Director – see top of entry, with prior notification or, where notification is of less than 24 hours before the course commences which leaves little opportunity to identify and invite another participant.
- This is not a virtual Course but being held at Shepton Mallet Scouts HQ
- The HQ is in the Shepton Playing Fields, please park on the right as you enter.
- Please arrive promptly so that the training can begin at 09:30
- Face coverings are optional
- Refreshments (hot / cold drinks) will be available but if you prefer, please bring your own.
- This is an all day course, lunch is not provided so please be self-sufficient. There are limited shopping facilities within the immediate area.
PLACES ARE LIMITED TO TWELVE PARTICIPANTS. ONCE THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN REACHED, NO FURTHER PLACES CAN BE BOOKED HOWEVER, YOU CAN ADD YOUR INTEREST FOR LATE CANCELLATIONS AND IF ONE BECOMES AVAILABLE, THE LIST WILL BE WORKED THROUGH IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.
The Scout Hall West Shepton Playing Fields, Old Wells Rd, Shepton Mallet BA4 5XN
Book your course online...
Unfortunately there are no places remaining on this course. Please keep checking back as we may get cancellations.
In the meantime, why not join the waiting list...