Course Director Beverly Wride DofE-Adviser@somersetscouts.org.uk
This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge necessary to enable adults to manage an incident and provide basic first aid.
It is a requirement that all adults who have appointments that are subject to an appointment review / require a wood badge, should have an up to date First Aid qualification at all times.
This course is suitable for both first time learners and those needing to complete their mandatory ongoing training (currently every three years).
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
FOR THIS COURSE PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- no need for badges
- please wear comfortable clothing suitable for practical work
- please bring a blanket. not a camping mat or similar.
Highbridge Scout HQ - Coronation Road Highbridge Somerset TA9 3JB
Book your course online...
Unfortunately this course has already taken place. Please view our full training calendar to find alternative course dates.