Achieving Growth is one of the Skills course aimed at providing Managers and Supporters with the tools they need in order to carry out their role effectively and support others in doing the same.It will allow learners to build upon knowledge gained from the Independent Learning and apply this to real life Scouting situations. It identifies places where further information and support can be found. The material in this course will strongly support the validation requirements for your Wood Badge.
Manager & Supporter Skills Courses are delivered across the South West Region and this Course is being hosted by Wiltshire Scouts at Wiltshire Scout Centre, (SN10 5QT). This is a one day course.
Somerset County will cover the Course Fee, which includes all meals and accomodation. Your travel costs should be covered by your Group, District or County as appropriate.
Booking is published through Somerset Scouts but subject to availability with Wiltshire Scouts.
In addition to booking online here with Somerset Scouts you must also register with Wiltshire Scouts so that final details etc can be sent direct to you. Please therefore additionally follow the following link to register https://swscout.training/calendar/achieving-growth-1-day-3/
If you have any questions about this training, please contact your Training Adviser or Alan Henderson at email@example.com
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Produce an effective development plan to identify and promote growth in local Scouting.
- Plan and use effective recruitment techniques.
- Identify situations where change is needed and apply effective change management techniques to local Scouting situations.
- Identify opportunities for flexible volunteering and support, and practice this in the recruitment and retention of adult Members.
- Identify steps to implement their personal action plan.
The following Independent Learning Units are recommended as pre-course learning, if they are relevant to your role:
- Project Management
- Getting the Word Out
- Planning for Growth
- Leading Local Scouting
- Finding Appointing and Welcoming Volunteers
- Keeping Developing and Managing Volunteers
- Enabling Change
- Financial and Physical Resources
- Decision Making
Wiltshire Scout Centre, Potterne Wick, Wiltshire SN10 5QT
Book your course online...
Hurry! There are only 4 places remaining!