What training do I need to do?
The training scheme that you will need to complete will depend on your role.
All adults accepting an appointment are required to show that they have the appropriate skills for the role. Looking simplistically at the requirements, if your role is;
- A member of an Executive Committee – this will require Module 1 (Essential Information), Safety, Safeguarding, GDPR and Trustee Introduction.
- An Active Support Unit Member or Skills Instructor – this will require Module 1 (Essential Information), Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR
- A Section Leader or Assistant Section Leader – this will require completion of all modules leading up to the award of a Wood Badge. The initial “Getting Started” training must be completed within 5 months of your appointment. Getting Started includes Module 1 (Essential Information), Safety, Safeguarding, GDPR and Module 3 (Tools for the Role)
- A Sectional or Group Assistant role – this would require Module 1 (Essential Information), Safety, Safeguarding, GDPR and Module 3 (Tools for the Role).
- A Manager or Supporter (including Group Scout Leaders, Assistant Group Scout Leaders, Active Support Managers, District Commissioners, Assistant District Commissioners, District Explorer Scout Leaders and others) – again, this requires completion of a Wood Badge however, some the component modules are different from that required by a Section Leader or Assistant Section Leader.
Your line manager, Training Advisor or Local Training Manager will be able to advise specifically what training you need to complete for your role. Full details appear in the relevant Adult Personal File.
Information to help you with your Specific Training Requirements
Adult Personal File for Section Leaders
Adult Personal File for Managers and Supporters
Accessing Online and Workbook Courses
For all Wood-Badge appointments
Module 12a - Delivering a Quality Programme
Module 13 - Growing the Section
Module 14 - Supporting Young People
Module 15 - Promoting Positive Behaviour
For Managers and Supporters
Mandatory Ongoing Learning
Mandatory Ongoing Learning - Summary
Ongoing Safety Refresher
Ongoing Safeguarding Refresher
First Aid Top Up Learning